Sunday, March 27, 2011

Chicken Scaloppine with Wilted Parsley and Lemon

This is a variation of a recipe in the April, 2011 issue of Food & Wine (my favorite magazine, by the way): http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/veal-scaloppine-with-wilted-parsley-lemon-and-sesame

I made it with chicken breast instead of veal (I pounded it to about 1/4" thick), and I didn't have sesame seeds, and it was still amazing.  I never had parsley prepared in a way I liked better than this. I used a combo of canola and olive oil to fry the chicken, just a splash of the olive oil adds so much flavor. Lastly, I don't think I will use so much butter next time, I think half the recommended amount would be more than adequate.  The Precious Angel is into spinach lately, so I sauteed some in olive oil and added lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic powder and salt.  If you are thinking that two wilted leafy vegetables on one plate is a culinary faux pas, you are horribly wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment